Drupal 8 is a powerful Open Source solution that is scalable, high performance, and SEO compatible.
Why Migrate To Drupal 8?
- Access thousands of free modules
- Enhanced Security
- Greatly improved mobile-first authoring experience
- Performance enhancements with granular caching & big pipe
- Multi-language in core along with configuration management
- Virtually unlimited scaleablity
- Do you have the staff and/or budget to support Drupal 8?
- Do you need something easier to manage?
- Are your team members struggling to manage content in Drupal?
Why should I Migrate From Drupal?
Drupal 8 may be overkill for you needs. Contact us to get a complete evaluation..
We have seven easy steps to help you migrate
- Get your free consultation. We’ll discuss your current site and your options at length. No Charge!
- We’ll do a detailed evaluation of your current site and your needs. This includes a summary report and a migration recommendation.
- We map the legacy data structure with the new data structure in a mapping sheet that maps each data type and its fields with the new structure. We've done this many times; see this case study Theriaults
- To ensure SEO preservation, we use services to crawl the website and export URLs to help understand current site’s architecture and take care of valuable. Your SEO ranking should actually improve after the migration.
- We’ll review your current design and either migrate it, as is, to the new platform or improve it.
- Review with a test site: We do extensive testing including load testing, SEO testing, and security testing in a test environment before we go live. After go live you can use the test site for training, to preview new features, and/or as a backup.
- Throw the switch, Boom, you’re live. There will be no downtown, and yes, we’ll hold your hand during the go live process!
SI advantage &
Your website will be 100% available during the migration. All upgrade/migration and configuration processes are executed in our own test servers. Your server performance and security is never compromised!
While migrating, we figure out the SEO rich pages and make sure to take care of the most popular and valuable inbound links. This, in turn, makes sure that the SEO is preserved and the web traffic remains unchanged while having better backend management and improved usability.
Your Content Is Safe
Security is always a top concern for us, and we have many proprietary tools to ensure your site is secure. How? Top Secret!
Painless Migration And Integration
We do the migration and further integration for you from start to finish or until you are happy and satisfied. If you need, we can also help transform your website to a professional theme, fix internal links and 301 redirects.
For over a decade, SI has been a trusted full service digital agency in both the Drupal and WordPress communities.
- How do I know if I need to migrate?
- If you’re using Drupal 6 or Drupal 7, you should be thinking about migrating. Drupal 8 is a great platform, but it comes with significantly more overhead than Drupal 7 or 6 so you may want to consider WordPress. What should you do? Please Contact Us for a free consultation.
- How difficult it is to migrate to Drupal?
- Unless you have an experienced in-house team, you’ll need help migrating. SI has migrated almost every type of platform (ex. .net, cold fusion, and more) to Drupal. We have also migrated several Drupal 7 clients to WordPress. Every case is different so you’ll need our free consultation.
- How much does it cost to migrate?
- There isn’t a fixed cost; each case is different, but it may be less than you think. The cost completely depends on our discovery of the content, modules and custom implementations on your website.
- Why would a Drupal firm be recommending WordPress?
- Although the majority of our clients use Drupal, we’re also experts with the WordPress CMS. More importantly, we think it’s critical that clients are using the right tool for their needs. Drupal has changed a lot since we started with Drupal 5 and may not be the correct fit for everyone. To migrate from one to the other, you’ll need a firm that is proficient in both Drupal and WordPress.
- Can you provide references or testimonials from some of your previous clients?
- Yes, see our Portfolio Page here.